- Where are you from originally and how long have you lived in Miami?
I was born in Lima, Peru. My family background is mixed with each grandparent coming from different countries. I moved to Miami at age 8 and then left for studies and exploration of life after high school. I returned in 2002 when I started an artisanally made fashion jewelry brand with my mother and sister called, Citrine by the Stones.
2. How many children do you have? What are their names and ages?
2 boys of mine; Milan (7.5) and Sascha (5), and Antu my stepson who is 16.
3. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I can’t believe I’m old enough to say this now, but My age!!!!
4. Tell us about your work with Energy Healing? I am a Brennan Healing Science practitioner, Energy & Somatic Healer. My work is a heart and body-centered, compassionate approach to healing. I have a private healing practice focused on the struggles of contemporary motherhood – bringing light, normality and tools to support the journey at its different stages. My intention is to bring harmony and peace to the mother, through deep and authentic connection with herself so that she can transmit and offer that nurturance to her kids and home
5. Who can benefit from your workshops and sessions? In recent years my practice has focused on Women and Mothers. I have a beautiful program called HEALING MAMAS, that guides, educates and supports mothers in what they long to create in their lives. I truly believe in something Oprah famously said: “The choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” because our children are our guides to become better more conscious humans. They reflect and remind us to stop and break our old patterns and beliefs that don’t serve us or them anymore if we listen to them.
6. What do you hope individuals take home from these sessions? My longing is that in each session you find more of yourself and you find more comfort, confidence and joy in your everyday life. That you take home new tools to feel grounded and calm and that you also take with you new knowledge that gives you peace and a new perspective. This peace and confidence is carried over to your home and your family.
I will be teaching a free class this week, on Motherhood Support Nov. 7th 9:30am at Morningside Pediatrics you are invited, please see the invite for details
7. Do you have any opportunities to work with Moms and Kids simultaneously?
Yes! I created a parent-child class called, Movement Healing Kids. It is a physical play and movement class that strengthens the connection and bond between the child and parent through touch. As we roll, climb, dance, and balance, we create trust. The class builds trust in our bodies, increases coordination and confidence.
You can sign up for notifications on upcoming events on my site: https://www.movement-healing.com/classes
8. What are your favorite things in Miami to do with your kids?
- Organizing family and friends outings with Ms. Christy, The Nature Teacher (@thenatureseekers.earth) where we learn & explore South Florida’s plant and animal ecosystems together.
- Family days at the PAMM and ICA
- The beach in the late afternoon is always a happy place.
9. What’s been the best piece of advice you’ve received from another mother? “Enjoy and trust where your kids are now. Each of them has their own time and style…. they won’t die of hunger, they won’t want to wear diapers forever, and they definitely will not want to sleep with you for too much longer!“
10. How has this community been instrumental in getting you to where you are now? The Miami mom Community gives me reliable recommendations of where to enjoy my family and also great advice on healthier living!