Having a breakfast recipe that.can be assembled the night before and can feed a crowd can be a lifesaver for the holidays! This delicious version from Habitual Hostess might just become a family tradition for Christmas morning, or any busy morning when you have a full, hungry house.
1 1/2 lbs. ground breakfast sausage
1 cup diced onion
1 16 oz. bag of shredded potatoes
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon Cholula hot sauce
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Salt and Pepper
Minced red peppers and chives to garnish for some Christmas flair!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown and crumble the sausage over medium heat in skillet. Add the diced onions, turn heat down to medium low, and sauté an additional three minutes.
- Add the potatoes, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper, sauté another two minutes. If potatoes are frozen, add an additional three minutes.
- Put mixture into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and smooth and press with a spatula.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, Cholula, one cup of the grated cheddar cheese and 1 teaspoon of salt. Pour over the sausage potato mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle an additional 1/2 cup of cheddar on top and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until fully set in the middle and golden brown on top.
- Garnish with peppers and chives if using.
This bake can be assembled and left in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours and baked the next morning, also quick to put together morning of!